Friday, March 12, 2021

Dude! Where'd you get those shrooms?

 Yup, that was my original working title...

See, had this idea of some hippies trippin' on shrooms they found while camping and communing with nature up on the Bajazid. Eventually it ended up with three hippie dudes and three hippie chicks traveling in a VW bus with a biker tailing... he's got and is holding the hard drugs and looking to score a little something based on that even though he's a loser and there just to draw tension at this point. That's an idea I had early on in this process... again, probably within the first dozen to score of ideas first written down. Went nowhere with it all this time. Didn't know where to go. Didn't know where to take it. Didn't seem to have a finer point.

Meanwhile...

Had myself a very fine point that I wanted to ensure that I avoided. I still want to avoid it. That it why there are but manifestations but no thing itself. I will still try to avoid this but I knew there needed to be statements made, positions pointed out and understandings made clear for the restless. But how could that be spoken of? What is it even to be spoken of? From whence is this for such is not, that alone I shall tell you, the trite fallback of "ancient Indian burial ground". Fortunately, there was really no way I could conceive of such a Tale being told and calmly went about my way.

Then...

One day my story without a point was bumbling through my head, totally irresponsible like, and it bumped into, of all things, the Tale without means to tell and lo and behold! A Tale with a crisp horror shell and a nightmarishly chewy center. Dear God, that's an understatement!

That also, oddly enough, fully completes what I need to say about this Tale, or perhaps what I should say about this Tale outside of things accelerate just a few degrees past weird in this one. Finished February 28, 2020 at 4,223 words, "Mythic Proportions", introduces the "Rolling J's" (Joe, Jack and Jerry) and their three fine foxes with flowers in their hair... but that biker? He didn't make this trip. He really was without a point. In truth, turns out, this is the luckiest fictional character ever to cross my path since I began writing these Tales. He missed out on what would have been a hard as hell death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mercurial Moments Sonnet Construction

I know I am speaking here a little ahead of myself but I must. For one, I am still running behind with catching time for directly tackling t...