Saturday, March 20, 2021

Master Character Index

This is what I call my Master Character Index. It has the same list of 389 characters who have appeared in the Tales of the Bajazid as does the Character Timeline. Across the top though are the Tales themselves (coded for space) in order of their being written. As the characters appear in the Tales, an "X" is placed along with the grouping color I identify with that character. Some of these colors are faint and don't show up well, but then again, this is a jpg based on 88 pages in Excel.

This is basically how I keep track of who has appeared where so I don't get things confused and end up with a huge continuity error (I know of one small one I haven't been able to fix and it is in print but I'm going to fix it... before ya'll find it). This table, in conjuction with the Character Timeline, keeps me from embarrassment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mercurial Moments Sonnet Construction

I know I am speaking here a little ahead of myself but I must. For one, I am still running behind with catching time for directly tackling t...