Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Most of all, you will groan

 Hello Christmas Eve, 1871! Are we ready for an extraordinary adventure? Strap in, Dudes (and Dudettes) 'cause were gonna have one excellent time!

I will admit that what I have done here is a horror unto itself, but there was no one around to stop me so "Gouliélmos Theodorakis' Most Extraordinary Day" sprang to life with zero temperance. Oh, I knew what I was getting into when I started in on this, but the idea hit me in a splash as connections drew to a head one day ruminating, as I do all day everyday, over the diverse potential connections available within these Tales. As I was thinking on certain aspects developing within the potential of what I needed, specifically, two more dead people, something clicked into a viable potential and then slipped quickly into that place wherein all bad puns are born. It was a steep descent.

See, I was pretty sure that the party down deep on Line B that evening must have consisted of more than just those 15 Sultans and Engineer Goff. There were a lot of men down there and the chances one was around when the earth started shifting is most probable, especially if Goff was seeking audience so the Sultans would know the men who worked their mine knew they knew of the loose and unsafe nature of the mess at the end of the B Line. Considering Goff was as professional as they say he was and that his advice was never in question, it would seem doubly so for him to cast such audience. As to any omission from such a lowly laborer from that loosely looked at count in "Forgiven" is easy to consider knowing Felix Jeffords' opinion of those who labor for others. Why would the owners deign acknowledge the interchangeable immigrant working for them in the dark?

Speaking of immigrants in the dark, Nasti Harju comes to mind considering the night that this is. There was a man with whom she shared a tent and a bedroll in order to stave off freezing the night before. Who the hell was he that this saint came and offered warm pulled tight the night through? Let us begin the Tale...

It's basically a simple yarn detailing Guoliélmos' day following, one which does not concern him as Orthodox. I mean, there is that cave-in where he follows the lead of Engineer Goff shoring up wall compromised so the room shall not fail. His bravery acknowledged by a Sultan known for his fondness of cigars, he is sent to the tyrannical little paymaster for his extra pay to keep silent those Sultans who succumbed to fear to find some kid waiting at his camp.

Thus this story continues through time... well, from his warm savior until her sainted screams rend the night as he stares up wondering which star is hers. It's a fun story and yes, that entire troupe is there. I could not help myself, but it played perfectly to lead our confused hero to heights he had not conceived to his world crashing down like a failed note on the keys poorly struck.


I did not want to be overly direct here, but I know a little more about that piano player at Baron's that sucked so bad Dickie had to comment on it. I also know I don't need to look anymore for what it was I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mercurial Moments Sonnet Construction

I know I am speaking here a little ahead of myself but I must. For one, I am still running behind with catching time for directly tackling t...